Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Scrapbooking my way

I decided this was the year I was going to tackle the (fun) job of getting caught up on my boys' scrapbooks. I went to a scrap booking retreat 2 years ago and not only had a blast visitng with all the girls, but I actually got caught up on all my pictures!
I didn't go to the retreat last year and I haven't really touched my scrapbooks since I caught them up 2 years ago :(
So I've realized scrap booking with paper and lots of embellishments is fun, but it's also time consuming, pricey, and messy (I feel like I have to haul out everything I own just to put a few pages together!).
So several of my friends are starting to try Project Life, and my interest was piqued. I had almost decided to give it a try, when I discovered that Shutterfly is offering Project Life layouts, in the DIGITAL format.
The best of both worlds!!!
I've decided to do an album a year for each of the boys, and have a 2 page spread for each month. I've been working on Jack's for about an hour a day, for the past 3 days and I'm already into May of last year! I haven't had to haul out a single craft item, and when nap time is over I just turn off the computer and come back to it the next day. They have so many fun options for embellishments, layouts, background paper, etc. it gives me all the satisfaction of scrap booking with none of the hassle.
Anyway, I always love when someone shares a great idea with me, so I thought I'd pass it on to the rest of you who may find yourselves in the same boat :)


Post a Comment