Monday, August 8, 2011

Bridal Shower

Nate's sister, Alicia, got engaged about a month ago and is getting married in less than 2 weeks! Kedra hosted a shower for her last weekend and I got to help with the favors and some decorations. I'm a sucker for love stories and weddings so I try not to pass up an opportunity to be a part of anything related to the two! Kedra chose soft pink and yellow as the colors, so I used the shower as an excuse to make a new table runner with the shower colors :)



The favor supplies came from packaging specialties and I made caramels to put inside.





Kedra dipped all kinds of summer fruit in milk and dark chocolate, it was perfect for a summer shower.


A glimpse of the table runner up close. You make it by sewing lots of strips of fabric together in all different widths. I think the idea is that you can use your scraps to make it. I bought the fabric (because I'm really bad at saving things and didn't have many cute scraps, but now I have scraps in these colors!)


Kedra making cute tissue paper flowers to hang over the food.





Love bingo: A cute game idea from Martha Stewart. I'm not a big fan of games at showers, but this one was a fun way to get to know more about Mike & Alicia.









Post a Comment