Sunday, May 1, 2011

A vintage bridal shower

My youngest brother is getting married in 3 weeks and we couldn't be more excited about our future sister-in-law! Last Friday I helped with her bridal shower, which was hosted at her Aunt's house in Royal City. Their wedding has a vintage theme to it so we continued that in her shower. It was a lot of fun and everything turned out really pretty. It was one of the few parties that Carly and I have been able to work on together, which made it a lot of fun.


Amber with her mom, Sabrina and my mom.


This is Amber's grandmother's wedding dress, isn't it pretty?!( It was actually smaller than the dress form it was displayed on so they couldn't button it up all the way, I need to find out the secret of all of our grandmothers who were pencil thin as brides!)



The food table was so feminine and pretty with the lace and china tea cups.


The cups and plates also belonged to her grandmother.








One of the games was to guess which of the pictures Amber liked the most for her wedding.


I made the mini cupcakes which were lemon cake with strawberry butter cream frosting.






We displayed wedding pictures of grandparents and parents from both families.








I made cherry almond bars for the favors. The bags were a little time consuming, but turned out pretty :)
Post a Comment