Sunday, April 18, 2010

And the winner is...

me! I won the "best salad" entry for our ward's cooking competition this year. Some of you may remember my post from last year's competition, and I was determined to not be outdone again this year! So I entered 2 categories, an appetizer and a salad. The appetizer was a spicy buffalo chicken dip (intended to please most of the men folk), and a pear roquefort salad (aka "girl food" in Nate's book). So there was some steep competition again this year, and I am not ashamed to admit that I did not even vote for my own appetizer! I know, that sounds bad, but there were these incredible avocado shakes that I just could not get enough of (although they should have really been in the dessert section, that would have given my dip more of a chance). But my salad won me a trophy and a moment in the Totem Lake ward spotlight, so I am content :) Here are some pictures we took of the evening.





































Post a Comment