Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Bring on the Masters Thesis!

So before all of you think that this blog only consists of pictures of Marilee and Ethan, I'm writing this post, and including the picture below:

No, no, I didn't recently graduate. This is a picture of me on the day I graduated with a Bachelors Degree a year and a half ago. See how excited I am? My enthusiasm for school was unrestrained. Unfortunately, with my Masters program, my energy has somewhat faded to that of the girl in the lower left hand corner of the above picture. I really have enjoyed my masters program, with a wonderful advisor, great classes, and a terrific department, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. So, now that I think about it, it really hasn't been the program that has caused my eyes to droop. It has just been the fact that I've tried to do it in addition to working full time (for 90 percent of the duration of my masters degree). It has been very hard, but very enjoyable. I love school, and I love to work. But together, they cause you to lose too much sleep ;) I'm currently in the process of writing up my masters thesis, which I hope to defend in the next two months. As my motivation is needing a boost, I'm posting this picture to remind me of the rewarding feelings of accomplishment. Perhaps if I spend two hours a day writing I'll get it done soon... (Note: this post was created by Nathan even though he was logged in as Marilee)

Post a Comment